Volunteer some of your time to help care for the dogs
In addition to our small paid workforce, our volunteers have always been an integral part of the Haven’s operations.
Volunteers assist in many ways including by:
- Caring for our dogs in the shelter (cleaning kennels, preparing meals, feeding dogs and washing bedding).
- Walking dogs.
Some dogs come from traumatic circumstances and require a lot more social interaction to regain their trust and confidence. Volunteers can help by walking them at a park or taking them on outings to the beach, through the markets or to other dog friendly places where they can get used to being around other people and dogs. This optimises the opportunity for finding that much sought after forever home.
- Helping with our marketing and social media campaigns by creating and managing content.
- Assisting with administrative tasks.
- Helping with special events, fundraising and promotions that take place throughout the year.
- Gardening (weeding, raking leaves, blowing etc.) to keep our beautiful grounds looking great and safe for our much-loved dogs.
If you would like more information about becoming a volunteer, please feel free to:
Private message us through Facebook:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone us at 0498 235 680
There are a number of criteria that our volunteers must be able to meet to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our volunteers, staff and dogs. These include:
- You must be 18 years or older to volunteer (due to the Work Health & Safety Act 2020).
- You must be physically fit and able to undertake the activity you volunteer to do.
- You must be able to work independently, without supervision.
- You must provide a national police clearance and/or medical clearance if requested by the Committee.
- You must agree to follow all staff instructions.